For this exclusive blog interview (in fact, it’s her very first interview, ever), Sheela Goh answers quite a few questions (no diva tantrum here, she answered all 73 of them), and is candid about practically everything. Here, the complete list of questions from the interview. What would your answers be?
1. You’re from Borneo, how long have you been in Houston? A little over 4 years. I came to marry the love of my life.
2. How different is it? Very, and in a good way, for the most part.
3. Do you really swing from tree to tree in Borneo? For sure, using Loewe leather ropes and wearing our Jaeger Le-Coultre timepieces. We have tree parties too.
4. Did you think you’d ever wind up in the States? I knew I wouldn’t stay in Borneo for the rest of my life but I didn’t know I’d move 3 continents away. I’m glad I did though.
5. What are three words to describe living in Borneo? Hot. Sweaty. Hot.
6. What’s your favorite movie? Oh oh oh, can I name more than 1? I’m going to name more than 1. I could watch these movies over and over and over again. Mary Poppins. My Fair Lady. Anything from Tim Burton and definitely anything Wallace & Gromit-related.
7. Favorite movie in past five years? The Harry Potter series. Hunger Games (god, that was so groupie).
8. Favorite Hitchcock film? None. I don’t quite fancy his style. I’m more of an Agatha Christie aficionado.
9. Who are you obsessed with now? It’s so hard to say. There are quite a ton of really inspiring people out there.
10. What’s a book you plan on reading? The Diary of Virginia Woolf, Volume 1. The Creative License by Danny Gregory. The Art of Non-Conformity by Chris Guillebeau. And Sight Unseen from Iris Johansen. I’m actually reading a chapter of each title, each day. I’m a Gemini.
11. A book you read in school that positively shaped you? Shogun from James Clavell.
12. A book you read in school that you never think of? If I never think of it, how can I remember it? I’m confused.
13. On a scale of one to ten how excited are you about life right now? 23.798
14. iPhone or Android? iPhone
15. Twitter or Instagram? Instagram
16. Vine or Snapchat? What’s Snapchat? I feel old.
18. What’s the coolest thing in this room? Me? Ok ok, my knee brace? It makes me feel like Robocop.
19. What do you think about Twerking? It’s hilarious. Everything jiggles.
20. What’s your favorite food? Foie Gras. Lobster. Fish, fish, fish. Duck. Bread Pudding. Crème Brûlée. Desserts count too, right?
21. Least favorite food? Anything involving greens and beans and peas and lentils.
22. What do you love on your pizza? Pineapple. Bell Peppers. Onions.
23. Favourite drink? Milkshakes but I can’t have any. Ever. I’m lactose intolerant and milkshakes make me bloated, and gassy, and rumbly. It’s not a very attractive sight.
24. Favourite dessert? Oh LOL Bread Pudding. Crème Brûlée.
25. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate? White.
26. Weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten? Bats.
27. What’s the hardest part about being a mom? Being patient and understanding without appearing
too inquisitive. And resisting the impulse to take a Prozac after dealing with emotional roller coasters.
28. Pilates or Yoga? Both. I love them equally.
29. Favorite solo artist? No one in particular.
30. Favorite lyrics? Emmm ….
31. If you had to choose 3 songs upon which to base your life, what would they be? Take On Me from A-ha. Limahl’s Neverending Story. And Dear Jessie by Madge. Love Madge.
32. If you could sing a duet with anyone, who would it be? You know, I’ve never given this any thought. How about Usher?
33. If you could master one instrument, what would it be? DRUMS!!!!
34. If you had a tattoo, where would it be? I have two, one on my ankle and one on my tummy.
35. To be or not to be? Depends.
36. What’s Oprah like in person? What??
37. What number of question was this? God, was I supposed to keep count.
38. Dogs or cats? Dogs.
39. Kittens or puppies? Puppies, for sure. Especially the ones in @smokenboo on Instagram. I have a soft spot for Frenchies.
40. Dolphins or koalas? Sharks.
41. Bird-watching or whale-watching? Neither. I don’t get along very well with Mother Nature.
42. What’s your spirit animal? My daughter instantly said tiger. Fox. I like foxes. Could I be Dali? He has wild, animalistic eyes.
43. Best gift you’ve ever received? Mother’s Day this year. Together, my man and Eve took care of breakfast and lunch and dinner, and made my favourite desserts. It was the best_gift_ever.
44. Last gift you gave a friend? A faux leather fringed maxi skirt.
45. A person you want to have coffee with? Could we make it tea? And it’d be with Oprah (touché, huh?)
46. A historical figure you’d love to have coffee with? Marie Antoinette and with crumpets.
47. How do you like your coffee? I don’t drink coffee.
48. Cooking or Baking? Both.
49. What’s your favourite curse word? Isn’t this a child-friendly blog?
50. What’s your favourite board game? Scrabble.
51. What’s your favourite country to visit? Italy. And practically every country in Europe as well as Eastern Europe. I’m fascinated with the legend of Dracula and Transylvania.
52. What’s the last country you visited? Italy.
53. What country do you wish to visit? Hungary.
54. What’s on the telly now? A TJ.Maxx commercial.
55. How old are you? In my 40s. Next question.
56. What’s your favourite color? Red, Purple, Black. You’d never guess that from looking through my wardrobe.
57. Least favourite colour? Insipid shades.
58. What colour dress did you wear to your prom? The concept of prom didn’t exist in Borneo when I was in high school.
59. Diamonds or pearls? Emeralds. And White Gold or Platinum.
60. Cheap shampoo or expensive? Whatever works.
61. Blow-dry or air-dry? Definitely blow-dry.
62. Heels or flats? Heels. Always. Even when preggers.
63. Can you give an impersonation of someone? I can do Elmo and Cookie Monster reasonably well.
64. Can you do the same impersonation with a British accent? Oh yeah.
65. Most beautiful woman in the world? Monica Bellucci. Aishwarya Rai.
66. Pink or Purple? Purple. Hands down.
67. Pilates or Yoga? You already asked me that.
68. Running or swimming? Running.
69. Best way to decompress? The gym.
70. If you had one superpower, what would it be? I want to be Mystique.
71. Can you describe an experience you felt most nervous? Getting married, actually. It felt surreal. I was giggling the entire time!!
72. How tall are you? 5 feet + 1 inch. I’m a VCD. Vertically Challenged Diva.
73. Last question: Is this the strangest interview you’ve ever had? I wouldn’t know. I have nothing to compare it with since this is my very first interview.
~ written in response to the Daily Post’s Weekly Challenge Theme, Interview ~