This is the most make-up I’ve ever had on my face since, lord, I don’t know? Since I was 17? Apparently, the older I get, the less goo I apply and putting the stuff on was hard work. A lot of hard work. I know I said I was waiting for a haul to arrive but I was raring to start experimenting so I did, with what I had on hand. Note that the colours I used are very old. Most of them aren’t even available anymore (I’m throwing them out soon, I’m pretty certain they’re not supposed to smell that way) but I kept them because once upon a time, in another life, I was in charge of PR for the brands listed in this post #memories
Back to the face. A few thoughts gleaned from this experiment:-
(1) However a look you wish to end up with, multiply that by at least 5 to achieve the desired intensity of colours.
(2) Primers are pivotal. Concealers too. Clearly, I used neither.
(3) Clean, white backdrops are preferable. They provide a clean foil for all those colours.
(4) Taking selfies with your iPhone for the purposes of showing a make-up project isn’t the smartest thing in the world to do.
(5) In the AFTER shot, wear something which either brings out your key colour or echoes it.
(6) Be a little more creative with the do. Hair needs to be out of the way but not utterly blah. I’m fairly confident this list will expand but that’s what I have for now.
I went at this without a clear objective in mind. I wasn’t focused on emphasising any particular feature but as I progressed, I realised I was making the eyes the focal point and just stayed with it.
I used Vincent Longo New York Honey Dream Glimmer Eyeshadow as a base (similar here in Dawn Flesh, a shimmery nude), all over the lid up to just below the brow.
I then applied Poison Apple* up to the crease line and blended Oak Moss* at the crease line itself. Blended as smoothly as I could. I smudged Black Widow* into the corners. I touched up the brow area again with Honey Dream to balance it out. Try the Etherea trio for size.
Here’s how I looked after about 45 minutes???
It seems a lot but really, it’s such a light, easy look.
Swirled on Cover Girl’s Rose Silk Blush right on the cheekbones, in upward motions. I like this one too.
Soft Pink Lips by virtue of Revlon’s Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Lovesick. This one from Tarte looks pretty yums.
And we’re done. Fait accompli!! .
Come, come, it wouldn’t be me without at least one goofy face, yes?
* these are from Sobe Botanicals on Etsy