All too often, we hear the phrase, “Beauty is only skin deep, it’s what’s inside that counts”. That’s true, to an extent. However, no one can argue that what’s outside plays an enormous part in how we perceive ourselves, in our self-confidence. Shallow as it may sound to some, my face and how I look including the condition of my skin, is one of the most important parts of what makes me, me.
So when my anaphylactic shock gave way to a bout of Angioedema, I was devastated. I can’t quite put it into words how I felt save that I was in despair, I felt that my world had completely fallen apart, especially when it recurred, and for the worse.
I was blessed to find a few select products which worked well for my condition (and I’m still using them today), soothing and treating even as they healed. As of now, I’m 95% back to normal. And that’s why I wrote about how I healed my face from Angioedema. I knew I wasn’t the only one to have gone through something so crushing. I was hoping the products I used would be of help to someone else, and that is why I shall be eternally grateful to IFB for featuring my article. Ever so grateful.
Links à la Mode: April 9
- A Glamorous Revelation: Popular: The “Anti-Social Network” Magazine
- Attire Club: The Best 7 Looks From Men’s Resort 2015
- Everyday Starlett: Spring Beauty and Fashion Essentials
- Fashion Moriarty: Dressing for Spring When It Feels Like Winter
- Flash 365: How to Choose Shoes for Summer Events
- Foxie Oxie: Four Secrets of Successful Freelancing
- I Can Style U: What’s the Difference Between Denim and Chambray?
- Kindly Sheree: Face Oil Is Good for Oily Faces
- Les Assorties’: Paris Je T’aime: Quinoa Paris
- Mama Fashion Files: Closet Staple Series: Chambray Shirt
- Musings of a Fashion Designer: Organic Shapes at Jabong Fashion Week
- Pumps and Studz: The Burberry Trench vs. My Dupe
- Riva La Diva: DIY Lanvin-Inspired Shift Dress Tutorial
- Style Bizarre: The Best Summer Vegetarian Shoes
- Sheela Writes: How I Healed My Face Post-Angioedema
- Style Diary by Osy: The Wedding Guest: African Fashion
- Style Standpoint: What I’ve Learned From Selling My Old Clothes
- The Dragonfruit Diaries: Discover: My 5 Favorite Apps
- We Are Readymade: Aggressively Wearable
- Wishing for Chanel: Four Ways to Wear Floral
SPONSOR: Shopbop: Sunnylife, Stone Cold Fox, and Dana Lee, Sperry Womens, French Trotters, French Trotters, Lace up wedges, Tan Booties, Denim Shorts & Pink Lace Dresses
Want to be featured in Links à la Mode?
Read the clarified rules and submit your links on this page: Links à la Mode.